Western Cape & CTA Rules Recording Officials
- The province requires one official for every 3 swimmers per session per gala.
- The province will not process the club’s entries unless the correct number of officials are submitted.
How To Become An Official?
- Some courses are run online during Covid times.
- Five probation sessions are needed before you become an official.
- All officials must be registered with Swimming South Africa to officiate at a gala.
Dress Code For Officials
- White sleeved shirt.
- Navy trousers, skirt or shorts – no jeans.
- White closed toe shoes.
Pool Official Rules
- Officials to report 30 minutes before the start of a gala to check duties, sign in and collect stopwatch.
- Officials are not allowed to cheer for any swimmers while on duty.
Process For Becoming a Gala Official
- Please indicate your preferred sessions when you submit your gala entries.
- We will try to allocate sessions when your children are swimming but cannot guarantee it.
- If you cannot make your officials duty, please note that you will need to find a replacement with another official.
- Codes used for officials
- TP – Probation timekeepers
- TK – Timekeeper – Click here to take an online course.
- CTK – Chief Time Keeper
- JP – Probation Judge
- JU – Judge